A stove in a Louisiana home caught fire in the morning, setting off the smoke alarm. This scary situation was even scarier because the woman in the home was a blind grandmother. The only other person in the home was her 5-year-old granddaughter.
But rather than panicking, pre-kindergartener Cloe Woods knew just what to do. The little girl immediately jumped out of bed to alert her grandmother.
"She told my mom to hold her shoulder and that they had to get out of the house," Woods' mother said.
Her grandmother wanted to get her shoes before they left. But Cloe insisted that they had to get out. And the little girl singlehandedly led her grandma out of the home, ultimately saving her life.
Woods' pre-K teacher said not before the incident, her whole class had been educated on fire safety.
So not only did it pay to pay attention for Woods--it also made her a hero.
via Huffington Post
PLUS: See amazing photos of first responders going above and beyond in the midst of chaos below.