Food & Photo
Serve up pure joy with this Easter feast of favorites, as grateful hearts gather around the table to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior!
Herb-Crusted Crown Roast of Lamb
Active time: 15 min. Total time: 1 hr. Serves: 6
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs or panko crumbs
- ½ cup mixed fresh herbs, like parsley, thyme, and rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 3 Tbs. olive oil, plus more for brushing lamb
- 1 (4 lb.) crown roast of lamb, prepared by butcher
- Heat oven to 425ºF. In processor, pulse together crumbs, herbs, garlic, lemon zest and olive oil to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place lamb on sheet pan. Brush inside and outside of roast with oil; season generously with salt and pepper. Gently press crumbs onto flesh side of lamb to coat. Wrap bone ends with foil to prevent burning.
- Roast 25 to 30 min. or until thermometer reads 130°F for medium-rare. Place on platter. Let rest 15 min. before carving. Garnish with lemon slices, thyme and artichokes, if desired.
Asparagus with Citrus Hollandaise
Active time: 10 min. Total time: 20 min. Serves: 8
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 stick butter, melted and warm
- 2 lbs. fresh asparagus
- In skillet over low heat, cook yolks, 1½ Tbs. lemon juice, 1½ tsp. each orange and lime juice and 1 Tbs. water 1 min. or until thickened, stirring. Remove from heat; stir 1 min. more.
- Pour mixture into blender. Blend 30 sec.; let cool 2 min. With machine running, drizzle in butter; blend until thick. Season.
- In saucepot, boil asparagus in enough water to cover 4 min.; drain. Top asparagus with sauce.
Active time: 20 min. Total time: 25 min. Serves: 8
- 1 lb. baby red potatoes, diced
- 1½ cups sliced parsnips
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 4 oz. nonfat cream cheese
- 2 Tbs. chopped chives
- In saucepot over high heat, bring potatoes, parsnips and enough salted water to cover to a boil. Cook 10 min. more or until vegetables are fork-tender; drain well.
- Transfer potato mixture to large bowl. Using hand masher, mash potatoes and parsnips with chicken broth, cream cheese and chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with additional chives and bacon bits, if desired.