Havilah Cunnington, pastor at Bethel Church and creator of the Truth to Table organization, insists that God is always speaking to us—it just may not be in the way we’re expecting. Here, she explains how to discover your “prophetic personality” to help identify God’s voice in your heart—and hear Him loud and clear:
“For years I assumed God’s voice was like a radio station I couldn’t tune into,” Havilah admits. “But I learned that because we have unique hearts, we all ‘hear’ Him in different ways.” She shares four “prophetic personality” types—discover your type (or types) to learn how God speaks to you!
1. The Hearer
- You often say, “God told me”
- You have a strong inner dialogue and/or often speak out loud to yourself
- You prefer to work alone
2. The Feeler
- You use the phrase, “I feel”
- You have trouble making decisions until things feel right
- You’ve been called sensitive
3. The Knower
- You use phrases like “I know” or “I think”
- You have difficulty explaining your reasoning to others
- You’re commonly right about how things will turn out
4. The Seer
- You always dream of the future
- You have a five-year plan
- You often forget day-to-day things like picking up dinner
For a more in-depth “prophetic personality” analysis, take Havilah’s free 20-question quiz at TruthToTable.com.
For more of Havilah's go-to prayer tips, pick up a copy of our April issue at Walmart, Barnes and Noble, in select grocery stores, or download it digitally on Kindle and Nook. For more inspiring Spiritual solutions, follow Simple Grace on Facebook and Twitter.