This herb-kissed, buttery lemon cake is perfect for sharing with loved ones as a springtime treat—and takes only minutes to whip up!
Lemon-Rosemary Pound Cake
Active time: 20 minutes Total time: 1 1/2 hrs. Serves: 8
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temp.
- 11⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 3⁄4 tsp. minced rosemary leaves, divided
- 5 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1. Heat oven to 325ºF. Line 81⁄2" x 41⁄2" loaf pan with parchment or wax paper; coat with cooking spray. In bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Using electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 Tbs. lemon zest and 1⁄2 tsp. rosemary for 2 min. or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating 30 sec. after each, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary. When eggs have been added, beat 1 min. Add flour mixture, alternating with yogurt in 2 additions. Add 1 Tbs. lemon juice. Transfer to pan, smoothing top. Bake 55 to 65 min. or until done. Let cool 10 min. Unmold; place on cooling rack over baking sheet.
3. Meanwhile, in small saucepot bring remaining sugar and rosemary and 1⁄4 cup water to a boil. Let simmer 2 min. stirring occasionally. With skewer, poke holes in top of cake. Brush top and sides of cake with the hot syrup. Let cool.