A mouthwatering barbecue of sweetly seasoned steak, cheesy baked potatoes, and colorful vegetables that will bring loved ones full bellies and even fuller hearts!
Steak with Italian Peppers and Onions
Active time: 20 min. Total time: 35 min. Serves: 6
- 2 Tbs. Italian seasoning rub
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh oregano
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped and divided
- 3 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 1 (2½ lb.) beef flank steak
- 2 red and/or yellow sweet bell peppers or 8 oz. mini rainbow sweet peppers, sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
Heat grill. In small bowl, stir together seasoning rub, oregano, rosemary, 1 Tbs. garlic and 2 Tbs. olive oil. Rub both sides of flank steak with mixture. Season generously with salt and pepper. Grill 8 min. for medium-rare or to desired doneness, turning once. Let sit 5 min. before slicing.
Meanwhile, in bowl, toss peppers and onions with remaining garlic and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Grill 4 min. or until vegetables are crisp-tender and browned, turning once. Serve with sliced steak.
Rainbow Veggie Skewers
Active time: 15 min. Total time: 1½ hrs. Serves: 6
- ½ cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 yellow squash, sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 2 orange and/or red peppers, cut into 1" squares
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
Heat grill. In resealable plastic bag, combine vinaigrette, basil and garlic. Add squash, zucchini, peppers and onions. Seal; let marinate 1 hr.
Remove vegetables and thread onto water-soaked skewers, reserving used marinade.
Grill skewers 4 min. or until tender, brushing with reserved marinade and turning once.
Cheesy Bacon Grilled Potatoes
Active time: 15 min. Total time: 1 hr. Serves: 6
- 6 small baking potatoes
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 1 Tbs. ranch seasoning
- 2 tsp. minced fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. minced fresh chives
- ½ cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 scallions, sliced
Heat grill. Wrap potatoes in foil. Grill 40 min. Let cool 5 min. Slice off top quarter; scoop out pulp, leaving 1⁄4"-thick shell.
In bowl, mash potato pulp, milk, ranch seasoning, parsley and chives; spoon into shells. Sprinkle with cheese. Place on grill; cover and cook 2 min. Top with bacon and scallions.